Dubai Food Festival – 6th – 28th February 2015
23 days of food-inspired events, a sprinkling of celebrity chefs and countless tingling taste buds: The recipe for the Dubai Food Festival 2015
It’s been a tough call but finally the Food Festival Won ! My first post of the year was planned to be one on Independent and Speciality Coffee places in Dubai since it’s something I’m passionate about, but given how excited I am about this Years Food Festival I’ve reserved top spot, first post of the year for that instead.
Last years Food Festival seemed to almost pop up out of nowhere with a hive of activity taking place across Dubai, notable events that were new including the Dubai Food Carnival and the Beach Canteens, pop up food containers at three of our beaches, as well as a a host of other activities. This year’s event is so much bigger and well planned and is spread across a whopping 23 days !! Lots of new activities, plenty of Celebrity chefs, Food Trucks, Emirati cuisine and a bigger Beach Canteen to mention just a few things – to say I’m excited would be an understatement, I’m beyond excited and I know that this years event is going to be a huge success.
Centered around 4 key themes, there is bound to be something here for everyone. Dare I say a 5th element should be added – Exercise ! I am going to have to hit the gym a lot if I want to enjoy the Festival without gaining too many extra pounds!
- Emirati Cuisine
- Homegrown restaurants
- Multi-cultural Dining and Street Food
- International Chefs and Restaurants.
Key Dates for your diary :
Keep up to date by checking out events on the Planner >> Dubai Food Festival Planner
- Beach Canteen, 6 – 28 February, Kite Beach, Jumeirah
- Dubai Food & Film, 6 – 28 February, Various outdoor locations throughout the city
- Urban Bazaar, 6 February – The Archive, Safa Park and 27 February – Creekside, Bur Dubai
- Food Truck Convoy,
- 8 – 12 February, 15 – 19 February, 22 – 26 February
- Emaar Boulevard, Academic City, JLT Park, Knowledge Village, Studio City
- GulFood, 8 – 12 February, Dubai World Trade Center
- Mystery Dining Tours, 9, 14, 17, 18, 23 February, Various locations
- Dubai Food Carnival, 12 – 14 February, Dubai International Marine Club
- Taste of Peru, 12 – 14 February, Madinat Jumeirah Amphitheatre
- Street Food Photography Exhibition, Dates throughout February, Dubai Airport
- Global Restaurant Investment Forum, 16 – 18 February, Conrad Dubai
- Fatafeat Kitchen, 20 – 21 February, Galeries Lafayette, The Dubai Mall
- Street Nights, 20 – 21 February, Street 4B, Al Quoz
- Masala! Food Fair, 20 – 21 February, Zabeel Park
- What’s On Black Hat Guide Launch, 22 February, Cargo – Pier 7
- Made In Dubai, 27 – 28 February, Zabeel Park
- Dine On The Creek, Dates to be announced soon, Dubai Creek
Huge support from the Celebrity Chef arena means we will see Michelin-starred Jason Atherton, award-winning Greg Malouf, TV favourite Sanjeev Kapoor, Queen of the Arabic Kitchen, Manal Al Alem, critically-acclaimed chef and best-selling author, Silvena Rowe, and the renowned Saudi Arabian Super Chef Yousef Khumayes, many of whom have restaurants in the Emirate.
Read Dubai Food Festival – Part 2 for some more information about what will be covered.
For more information visit www.dubaifoodfestival.com or find DFF on social media, using the hashtag #DubaiFoodFest
- Website: www.dubaifoodfestival.com
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DxbFoodFest
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/dxbfoodfest
- Instagram: http://instagram.com/dxbfoodfest