Food & Drink, Travel & Coffee
~ with a slice of expat life on the side.
I started CoffeeCakesAndRunning back in 2011, way before it became a trendy thing to do!
I write about:
From attending cooking classes, dining out or cooking at home. I don’t discriminate! Healthy & indulgent are covered.
Both in the UAE and further afield. I love traveling, from adventure to luxury or somewhere in between, it’s all about the experience.
DUBAI & EXPAT LIFE
Covering items such Expat Tips and Guides, Exercise and being Healthy as well as My Dubai section covering some of my favorite experiences in Dubai, be it celebrating Ramadan and Fasting, or helping with FillingThe Blues, and occasionally the odd trip to the salon for hair or nails.
Media Licence for CoffeeCakesAndRunning
CoffeeCakesAndRunning always started out as a hobby and as such I do not charge for posts on this website, or on my personal social media channels. I am not registered, nor do I intend to be registered for a Media License at this time as mycurrent understanding is that this is not required but if the situation changes I will review this.
Source : Deep Social
In addition to writing here, I am also Editor and Business Head for Food e Mag dxb, please click on the link to find out more.
FoodeMag dxb is a commercial magazine and is registered as a free zone Company in Dubai, whilst CoffeeCakesAndRunning is very much a personal website.
Work with me over at FoodeMag dxb
Have something which is related to Food, Travel or Wellness, then do get in touch for Editorial considerations for FoodeMag dxb by contacting me [email protected]
How did I start Blogging?
I started my blog in 2011 in a very unplanned way. Whilst recovering from major surgery and being bored of being housebound and awake at add hours of the night, often in significant pain, I decided to learn a new skill as a way of keeping busy and distracting myself from my recovery.
I would describe myself as “An accidental blogger and passionate foodie”
I struggled to think what to name my blog if I’m honest! At the time, I had been reading quite a few different blogs, mainly in the US, and decided on the blog name based on some of my passions and dreams at the time.
Coffee + Cakes + Running
Ta da! The blog was born! Today it stands for a few more things:
Coffee & Cakes translates to Food and Drink
Running – translates to everything I do (except running!) I’m literally always in a rush! I also say that I am always fueled by Specialty Coffee
When I started the blog back in 2011 I was into getting fit and running (I did two half marathons but in all honesty never really felt the love for running that others do).
Finally – Something hardly anyone knows about me…. I used to play saxaphone in a Jazz Band #BackInTheDay
The Small Print
- I write in my own style based on my personal experience.
- I do not rehash press releases into content.
- All images are taken by me and are my property, please don’t reuse them without my express permission.*I may occasionally use free to use stock images for generic content.
- When I am provided with a complimentary food and/or drink or receive a press invite to attend a particular event I will highlight this in the post.
- My reviews are based on my honest opinion and personal experience based on the day that I visited an establishment
- I am not a fitness/nutrition/diet expert so please take advice if you are considering taking up exercise etc.
- I do not accept invites on the basis of providing reviews on review sites eg Trip Advisor, Zomato etc
- I do not endorse products unless I actually use them myself regularly.
Everyone of us, has a different perception of taste, flavour, value for money, favourite food and view on what is good/bad service etc. I try very hard to portray my experienceand to give an accurate view based on my experience at the time of my visit but you must appreciate this is based on my opinions and expectations which may be different than yours.